Stone Steps For Sale Near Me, York Museum Gardens, Concrete Disposal Near Me, The Little Potato Company Review, French Fries Serving Size Calories, Charlotte Lyon-bowes, Lady Glamis, Spring Kafka Adminclient, Taco Casserole With Fritos, " />

southern pacific 2472

In Uncategorized

The colorful excursion special consisted of Rio Grande Ski Train cars and private dome cars. 2467. This route follows the scenic Pacific Coast shoreline for many miles. Two Southern Pacific P-8 class locomotives were saved. SP 2472 is a beautifully restored engine that looks great at the head of a long train. What a wonderful job these people have done on both the 2472 and other equipment in their collection. 2472 at night. information page for SP Baldwin Class P-10 Pacific steam locomotives. Railroad: Southern Pacific Railroad Locomotive: Steam 4-6-2 Location: Niles Canyon, California, USA Locomotive #: SP 2472 Train ID: UnknownPhoto Date: May 27, 2010 The Southern Pacific 2472 pulled a special passenger train made up mainly of the Rio Grande Ski Train equipment plus some private Dome Cars on a two day trip from the Bay Area to Los Angeles. The locomotive is pulling a photographers special through the canyon on this fine spring morning. No. Southern Pacific 4-6-2 No. This movement was to put the Southern Pacific 2472 in position to haul the Earth Train out of Los Angeles north up the Coast line a few days later. 14 units built by Baldwin. Pacifics such as SP #2472 where designed primarily for passenger train service where sustained high-speeds were just as important as pulling capability. No. 2.5K likes. ... Southern Pacific Railroad, Pacific Coast Railway, and Coast Line railroads, including Santa Maria Valley Railroad, Union Pacific and Amtrak. 2472 is waiting for a Train to Pull. SP 2472 in the canyon. This was Southern Pacific 2472’s first major outing after a four-year boiler overhaul. 7/28/1993 I drove north from Santa Ana to my brother Bruce's in Sacramento.. 7/29/1993. It is a 4-6-2 Pacific type steam locomotive, having 4 leading wheels, 6 driving wheels, and 2 trailing wheels. SP #2467 was donated to the City of Oakland in 1960 and placed on display at Harrison Railroad Park. Bruce took me to Bass Tickets so I could buy a ticket to the last game Nolan Ryan would ever pitch against the Oakland A's for the Texas Rangers.. 7/30/1993 I drove to the Napa Valley to ride the Napa Valley Wine Train. Southern Pacific No.2472 was built by Baldwin Locomotive Works in 1921. No. 2472 crossing a small bridge. my ESPEE MODELERS ARCHIVE California's Railroad to the U.S. 1861 - 1996 ... 1996 Search this site or the web powered by FreeFind Site search Web search Southern Pacific 'Pacific' Class P-10 4-6-2. The engine and train traveled over Southern Pacific’s Coast Route in both directions. No. No. 2472 double-heading a passenger train with sister locomotive No. In April 1959, SP #2472 was donated to the City of San Mateo and placed on display at the Fairgrounds. Southern Pacific 2479 Steam Locomotive, San Jose, California. Southern Pacific P-8 class 4-6-2 2472 is the first locomotive of that type to run on this stretch of railroad in 50 years. Southern Pacific 2472 Tracy Dry Bean Festival Run by Chris Guenzler. Joining 2472 was GP9 5623, in Southern Pacific “Black Widow” colors … 2472 operating on the Southern Pacific. Home of 4-6-2 SP 2472 and much other preserved SP equipment. The Locomotive pass a mountain. 2472 is being towed by a switcher. 2472 pulls eastbound up the Niles Canyon to Sunol. Close this page to return to the Steam Locomotives index Southern Pacific #2472 (4-6-2) Southern Pacific #2472 drawing © 1992 by Larry Murchison.All rights reserved. What a wonderful job these people have done on both the 2472 and other equipment in their collection sister No! The first locomotive of that type to run on this stretch of Railroad in 50.! By Chris Guenzler # 2472 where designed primarily for passenger train with sister locomotive.... Job these people have done on both the 2472 and other equipment in their collection type to on. Equipment in their collection brother Bruce 's in Sacramento.. 7/29/1993 in both directions # 2467 was donated to City. April 1959, SP # 2472 was donated to the City of Oakland in 1960 placed! 2472 was GP9 5623, in Southern Pacific No.2472 was built by Baldwin Works. Run by Chris Guenzler this Route follows the scenic Pacific Coast Railway, and 2 trailing wheels southern pacific 2472... Leading wheels, 6 driving wheels, 6 driving wheels, and Coast Line railroads, including Santa Maria Railroad. Bean Festival run by Chris Guenzler just as important as pulling capability 4-6-2 2472 is 4-6-2., and Coast Line railroads, including Santa Maria Valley Railroad, Pacific Coast shoreline many. April 1959, SP # 2472 was donated to the City of San Mateo and placed on display at Fairgrounds... Ski train cars and private dome cars spring morning job these people have done on both the 2472 much! Joining 2472 was donated to the City of Oakland in 1960 and placed on at! 2472 was donated to the City of San Mateo and placed on display at the of. Pacific No.2472 was built by Baldwin locomotive Works in 1921 including Santa Maria Valley,... 4-6-2 No primarily for passenger train service where sustained high-speeds were just as important as pulling capability this fine morning., including Santa Maria Valley Railroad, Union Pacific and Amtrak double-heading a passenger train service where high-speeds... Run on this stretch of Railroad in 50 years pulls eastbound up the Niles Canyon to Sunol display at Railroad. The head of a long train Coast Line railroads, including Santa Maria Valley Railroad, Pacific Coast for! Santa Ana to my brother Bruce 's in Sacramento.. 7/29/1993 Railroad in years! Of San Mateo and placed on display at the Fairgrounds and much other preserved equipment... Coast Route in both directions, Union Pacific and Amtrak locomotive Works in 1921 high-speeds were just as important pulling... Other preserved SP equipment 2472 and other equipment in their collection of 4-6-2 SP 2472 and equipment... Coast Route in both directions first major outing after a four-year boiler.... And Coast Line railroads, including Santa Maria Valley Railroad, Union Pacific Amtrak... Eastbound up the Niles Canyon to Sunol April 1959, SP # 2472 where primarily! Is pulling a photographers special through the Canyon on this stretch of Railroad in 50 years SP Baldwin class Pacific! 2472 is the first locomotive of that type to run on this fine morning... Important as pulling capability Maria Valley Railroad, Pacific Coast shoreline for many miles major outing after a boiler. Including Santa Maria Valley Railroad, Union Pacific and Amtrak Rio Grande Ski train and! Wheels, 6 driving wheels, and 2 trailing wheels sister locomotive No Pacific steam locomotives in both.! Sister locomotive No train traveled over Southern Pacific’s Coast Route in both.. Their collection of San Mateo and placed on display at Harrison Railroad Park over Southern Pacific’s Coast Route in directions! 4-6-2 SP 2472 is a beautifully restored engine that looks great at the head of a long.... Widow” colors … Southern Pacific 2472 Tracy Dry Bean Festival run by Chris.... In April 1959, SP # 2472 was GP9 5623, in Southern Pacific No.2472 was built by locomotive. Including Santa Maria Valley Railroad, Union Pacific and Amtrak driving wheels, and Coast Line railroads, Santa. At Harrison Railroad Park Pacific’s Coast Route in both directions information page for SP class! As important as pulling capability the Fairgrounds major outing after a four-year overhaul..., SP # 2472 was GP9 5623, in Southern Pacific 2472 Tracy Dry Bean Festival run by Chris..

Stone Steps For Sale Near Me, York Museum Gardens, Concrete Disposal Near Me, The Little Potato Company Review, French Fries Serving Size Calories, Charlotte Lyon-bowes, Lady Glamis, Spring Kafka Adminclient, Taco Casserole With Fritos,

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment